Wednesday 30 May 2012

Zines

I accidentally discovered 'zines' the other day.  They are cool self published little booklets, made by the author and produced in short runs, generally on a photocopier.
They can be about anything....thoughts, observations, stories, poems, images and lots more.

I also discovered, via Sticky Institute Blog (which is a zine shop in Melbourne that I have to visit next time I'm there) the MCA Zine Fair.  I went to explore my new discovery the other Sunday and It's a whole new exciting world.  My favourite stall was Dudley Redhead.  Very creative and the nellie no friends zine is filled with craft projects that I will do, a couple even with Rosie, check out her blog at www.dudleyredhead.blogspot.com Here's some pictures...

dudley redhead stall

my dudley purchases

beautiful stalls

dudley redhead

hundreds to choice from

the whole new world of zines

I'll be doing a few zines in the future.  For Kids they are great to make on one sheet of A4 (Check out http://tanglecrafts.wordpress.com/free-stuff/zines/mini-zines/ for a free template).  Could be just drawings or a story.  I'm going to do an album of Rosie's art over the year and maybe even do my Bernard the bear book in zine form.  Enjoy the world of zines....google it...it's so much fun.

Enjoy
Jennie



No comments:

Post a Comment