Monday 21 May 2012

The big table....the finished article

Well at last, it's finished.  A lot of sanding and painting but it looks great.
I'm glad I didn't go too strong on the pastel shades when it shares the room with the lounge and kitchen. I'll show the original picture as well so you can compare.


The After
The before

more afters


Add caption
A top tip from the man at bunnings warehouse, if you don't want thick varnish but you want to seal the table top then apply clear satin water based varnish with a soft cloth. Sand with a plastic scourer (it better than fine sand paper) in between coats. It makes it look like it's bare wood.

Would I do it again.......Oh yes, I'm looking for odd chairs to paint and have outside.


Hope you like the results
Jennie



Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment